Youtube Comments Search
Comments Search for Youtube is a lightweight Chrome extension that enables you to search youtube comments right from the video page without the need to leave the site.
How to use:
- Open the Chrome Web Store
- Add the extension.
- Go to any video and hit
Ctrl+Sthen type your keywords to search.
You can also use the extension icon in your browser.
The extension is free to use and in order to serve as much users as possible there’s a limit of up to 100 results per query. Though this means that not all comments are shown by default, we think that a maximum of 100 comments is more than enough. Also, spam and duplicate comments may get filtered.
Things you can’t do
There are few things you can’t do with this tool:
- Search comments through all of youtube instead of specific video; this is both technically not possible and not what the extension is meant for.
- Search a specific user comments history; you can use a username as a keyword but not get all the comments by a specific user.
- Like, dislike or reply from within the search results; you can click on the comment date, a new page will open with that particular comment highlighted.
- Search when comments are disabled; for obvious reasons, if comments are disabled there is nothing to search.