Youtube Comments Search
Comments Search for Youtube is a lightweight Chrome extension that enables you to search youtube comments right from the video page without the need to leave the site.
How to use:
- Open the Chrome Web Store
- Add the extension.
- Go to any video and hit Ctrl+S then type your keywords to search.
You can also use Alt+S if it feels more comfortable.
The extension is free to use and in order to serve as much users as possible there’s a limit of up to 100 results per query. Though this means that not all comments are shown by default, we think that a maximum of 100 comments is more than enough. Also, spam and duplicate comments may get filtered.
Things you can’t do
There are few things you can’t do with this tool:
- Search comments through all of youtube instead of specific video - this is both technically not possible and not what the extension is meant for.
- Search a specific user comments history - you can search by username as a keyword on a specific video but not a global “search by username” - this violates users privacy and most likely to be abused.
- Like, dislike or reply from within the search results - you can click on the comment date, a new page will open with that comment highlighted.
- Search when comments are disabled - for obvious reasons if comments are disabled there is nothing to search for.
What is an extension?
An extension is a small piece of software that enhances the browser functionality, enabling you to tailor its behavior to your own needs and preferences. YTCS is a very lightweight extension that runs mostly in the background and does nothing until you ask it to.